Special School & Youth Group Charters
St. Helena III Historic Canal Boat Rides
On the Ohio & Erie Canal
The Canal Fulton Heritage Society offers school & youth groups the opportunities to experience life on the Ohio & Erie Canal during a historic field trip.
Click here to view Youth Education Tours photo gallery
The field trip is designed to meet Ohio Academic Content Standards for Social Studies with a focus on 3rd - 5th grades.
Your Education Packages may include:
- A horse-drawn ride on the St. Helena III replica canal boat with a historian relating canal history during the 1800's. (1 hour)
- View a 30 minute documentary video about life on the Ohio & Erie Canal at the Canalway Center.
- A visit to the Old Canal Days Museum where visitors can view canal era artifacts and photos. (30 minutes)
- A takeaway educational activity sheet on Canal History that meets content standards.
- Tour of the Oberlin House. A restored and preserved, 1840's, "saltbox" style house. (45 minutes)
|Eductional Tours Available:
||April thru October.
|Boat Tour Days / Times:
||Tues. thru Sunday Call to Arrange Times
|Educational Package Fee:
(includes preschool, K-12, home school & college groups)
|$185 for up to (35) people. ($5.00 each additional.)
(includes church, club, family & tour groups)
|Start at $250
|Location and Directions:
||The Canal Fulton Canalway Center
125 Tuscarawas St, Canal Fulton, OH. 44614
(St. Helena Heritage Park)
State Route 93, 1/2 mile North, off State Route 21.
For more Group Charter Information, contact Canal Fulton Canalway Center at: 330.854.6835 e-mail: email@example.com
Copyright ©2004 Web Marketing Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Incipio Web Services